We had quite a few of customers that just got power restored in the past few days. Beside the obvious problems that the disruption of power and Internet caused to the business community, a lot of the the older telephone systems cannot maintain their programming through a prolonged power outage. This means that they will need to be reprogrammed from scratch.
Everyone in the telecommunications industry is working very hard to restore full operation to their customers, but it will be a while before there is a real sense of normalcy.
Thankfully, it looks like Katia will miss the Northeast, so we will not have a repeat of Irene just yet.
- If you haven’t updated your point-of-sale technology, you should do so as soon as possible.
- Flaw Puts a Billion Wireless Mice at Risk
- FCC sets new rules to govern PSTN transition
- Hosted Or On-Site? Which VoIP or Phone System Solution Is Right For Your Business
- Hacking isn’t just for computers anymore